Tent doors open at 05:00. Located at LVVA’s beach on Edgewater Parkway. All participants MUST check-in at the event tent before fishing, even if you pre-registered you must check in at the tent. At the tent you will get a registration number and flag. Once registered, participants may relocate to wherever they choose to fish. When you catch a fish, raise your flag and an LVVA judge will come to you to measure and report the size in to the registration tent recorder.
$20.00 Registration Fee will be charged to all participants unless identified below.
The first 50 Children (14 and under) registered will receive a bag of goodies. All children 14 y.o. and under fish for free.
Active Duty Military (I.D. required) will fish the event for no charge.
Fishing will begin at 07:00 and end sharply at noon.
Following the end of fishing hours, awards will be distributed at the event tent. Please try to get back to the tent by 12:20.
Our rules are simple –
- Don’t Cheat!
- Be Safe!
- Have Fun!
Aside from that all state laws and local ordinances applied to fishing. Some of those are listed below:
- All participants 16 y.o. and older are required to possess a valid fishing license. We assure you the DNR will be present and checking licenses.
- Fish of each species will be measured by length, with the longest fish and second longest fish of each category winning the respective prizes.
- Kid’s big fish of each specie will win a prize. A kid’s fish will not be awarded any prizes other than the kid’s prize for the fish. i.e. A kid’s fish cannot be entered in to the biggest fish of species for larger prizes and in the Kid’s category too.
- Only 3 lines per participant. These lines may be a combination of devices such as Jigging, Dead Stick, Tip-up, Automatic fishing devices, etc.
- This is a catch and release derby as per ILDNR tournament fishing rules.
- ATV/UTV/snowmobiles are authorized for use during the derby, RESPONSIBLY!